LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview 2013 comes up as unregistered on splash screen

Re installed  LabVIEW 2013 onto new laptop, our IT dept upgraded to newer PC's. After install the splash screen displays unregistered. I have uninstalled and re installed to no avail. The serial number never came up on the first install and was there briefly when re-installed eventually goes to unregistered. Registration process appeared to go seamless. How do I get this to work properly when it worked on the other PC just fine. Other system has had the program uninstalled and the drive reformatted prior to getting rid of the laptop.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,928 Views)

So my opinion is that serial should never displayed on startup.  On booting Windows does it show the serial number used during the install?  For this reason I add UseMarketingSplash="True" to my LabVIEW.INI.  This makes it so it doesn't show that information on startup.

As for your issue, run the NI License Manager from the start menu.  And verify that your licenses are valid and normal, and not expiring in some amount of days.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,918 Views)

It has been awhile since I messed with a VLA, but I think when using a network licence manager, your serial number doesn't show up, since you didn't actually register your copy with a license number (or at least you are not supposed to).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 3
(2,910 Views)