From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview 2012

I am developing the application using labview 2012 with pci cards 6514,6221.

When I run it from design, it blinks (finished late occurs) whenever tries to output digital or analog signals with scan of 10ms. There is no blink happens at all try to save this project in lv2009 and runs.

So I would like to know whether lv2012 is creating a problem or is it needs any patch exe has to be downloaded to make it for stable run. I just thought and downloaded f5 patch too, but it says labview 2012 sp1 must be installed before installing this patch. I am not able to locate the lv 2012 sp1.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Kousy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,196 Views)

What blinks?

It is kind of hard to comment about what in your code would cause problems in the jump from 2009 to 2012 without seeing your code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,179 Views)

Kousy,

your information is indeed quite vague.

LV 2012 SP1 is a separate version and therefore not simply to download.

Regarding your observations:

Runtime performance is affected by many different things. As NI made some significant changes to the compiler between 2009 and 2010, i would expect your issue to come from those.

One little thing you can check for further testing: Disable debugging for your VI(s) before looking on "finished lates" of timed structure.

Also please make sure that priorities of timed structures are unique (no default 100!).

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,147 Views)

LabVIEW 2012 SP1 is the "Spring Patch" release.  Won't the various modules identify (and offer to install) themselves if you run NI Update Service (look in All Programs, National Instruments)?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,135 Views)

Ok Norbert,  Ill change the timed loop priorities to unique one and give a try.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,102 Views)