LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview 2010 vi using too much RAM and causing Crashes

hello everyone,

I was given a LV 2010 vi to integrate with another functionality.This Vi is used for a long time on XP and Windows 7 platform having various RAM size.it still runs fine on those PCs. This Vi has functionality that it waits for user to press start button that it reads data and plots.however i am not giving start command and it starts consuming too much RAM and resulting system Crash. 

System Config: I have Core i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz with 2 GB RAM and windows 7 .

Plz show some methods to prevent them and why it is happening.?

Note:1) i also checked my ram through windows test and it has no error.

2) windows shows me some low disk error sometimes.

plz help me out here i am stuck here for week.

thanks & regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,039 Views)

hello everyone again,

this is my first work on labview so if any prerequisite for memory allocation or any other settings.

thanks & regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,034 Views)

How do you expect us to help you troubleshoot your code when you've neither told us anything about the code itself nor attached the code so we can see what's going on?

If I told you my car wasn't working, would you be able to tell me what's wrong with that information alone?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,027 Views)

most we can see this problems occurs have several resons.

Release your memory is very important.

1. open reference, if u dont use it anymore. u must to close reference.

2. flush queue.

3. vision, we must use IMAQ dispose to release you memory.

Patrick

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,016 Views)

hello every one....

Sorry in hastiness i didnot explain anything.

We have a Vi which read data burst on edge and do some processing and plot it on histogram.I am using Daq X series 6343.

--> Patrick0418:  sir you have suggetsed some thing but it would be helpfull if you can give some example related it or any links because i have started labview few months back and i am learning by my self and experience only.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,002 Views)
  1. Post your VI if you are allowed, we cannot help you without that info...
  2. If you are a beginner in LabVIEW, it will not take 1 day to gain some level. LabVIEW is a full featured programming language, it is very easy to program it wrong. I suggest you to start learn it using the online resources. You have an active LabVIEW licence? If so, you can access the "self-paced online training" via menu point "MyNI", see top of this website just next to your name (you need to connect your account to your licence in order to use the online training). Another option could be to pay for a virtual classroom course, get more info here: http://sine.ni.com/tacs/app/overview/p/ap/of/lang/en/pg/1/sn/n5:online,n24:12725/id/1582/   I did this a few years ago (Core 1 and 2.) and the tutor from NI was very professional, and it was also comfortable since you attend the class via internet from yoour home or workplace.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,994 Views)

hie everyone again...

I have looked into old Vi and found something suspicious. it may be bug.

In this vi program wait untill user press some button. so till that vi executes in while loop and initiallize physical channel and DAQ Vi and properties.so could it be causing bug?

and  Blokk.... thanks for such a good advise.i will try some afterward.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,990 Views)
This is still not enough info. What you describe may have nothing to do with a possible memory leak. You wrote that this vi runs fine on the other PCs, yes? The application consists of only this single vi? How this crash happens and what you see? Any error msg? This is really not easy to help you, unless you show us your vi...
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,983 Views)

No i am not getting any error msgs i only get as error is memory cannot complete this action.

Actually i changed PFI pins configuration and read pin.previouslly we used(still on  other system this confuguration are used) PFI 2 for clock and PFI 6 for trigger pulse.Now i changed it to PFI 8 for clock and PFI 9 for trigger.

I also change my port pin from P0.0 to P0.8.and that's why i am also dividing data to 256 to compatible it with P0.0 data because afterward everything is fine.

I am thinking that what i am receiving might be having some false data so i have to varify that pin configuration is not a problem here.

Note: I am using USB X series DAQ 6343.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,951 Views)