LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

label of control when copying

Hi,
when I copy controls and indicators with hidden labels in front panel the resulting control or indicator has a hidden label in the block diagram!
why???
and how can I prevent LV doing this? or unhide only the labels in the block diagram. I know I can do it by clicking on every object, but this is no solution for 20 or more objects.
I'm using LV7.
I have attached an example.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,286 Views)
Hi Yves,

The only way I can think of, to do what you're trying to do, is first to make the label visible on front panel. Then you do the regular control copying. The new controls will have their labels visible in both front panel and the block diagram. When you're done, open a reference to the VI, get the reference to all controls, then use a property node to set the visibility to false for all controls (or if you only want to change the property for certain controls, check the control label name and if the label is "numeric *", then change the visibility to false.)

There're ways to modify front panel objects, but I do not know of any method to modify the block diagram objects programmably.

Hope this helps,
Dan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,286 Views)
Hi Dan,
thanks for your answer. this works with control. but unfortunably I also have some string indicator. and oddly this solution doesn't work there.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,286 Views)
It should work for indicators as well. Open a reference to your VI, obtain a reference to your front panel, and then you should be able to get references for all your controls and indicators on the front panel.

Dan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,286 Views)