From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labView send data from wireless node to excel file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I have used the basic tutorial for the NI Wireless Sensors Network. http://www.ni.com/tutorial/8890/en/. I have completed it with one node. The next step in my project is to send the data from the node and the date and time to an excel file every hour. Are there any tips I can get for atleast sending the date and data to the excel file? I am using labView 2012

I edit it because I put text file instead of excel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,649 Views)
Your subject says text file but you mention excel. The simplest way is to use the Write to Spreadsheet File or the Express VI Write to Measurement File. The first creates a text file that Excel can open. The second can create either a text file or native Excel with the most recent LabVIEW. If you have the Report Generation Toolkit, you can create native Excel. Using low level ActiveX, you can create native Excel. All of these have examples and if you search the forums for Excel, you'll find thousands of discussions on the topic.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,640 Views)

I tried to have it write to excel but the wires will not connect. I am not in the lab currently but I will put a screen shot up tomorrow to give a better idea of what is going on

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,636 Views)

Please post your actual code instead of a screenshot.  It's easier to work with.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,611 Views)

Hey Pgray,

You should be able to right click on the IO Node from the end node on the host and enable time stamps. As Dennis mentioned using a write to spreadsheet will be easiet.

First figure out the structure of your spreadsheet column 1 being time stamp, column 2-5 being node 1 channels 0-3, etc...

You probaly need to convert the numeric values to a string, you can use the format into string function. You'll need to do a similar step for the time stamp. Then you'll be able to bundle the strings into an array and write to the spreadsheet and it will map as a row.

Hope this helps.

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,577 Views)

Why wont the wire connect

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,556 Views)
Solution
Accepted by PGRAY10
You can't connect a scalar to the array input that is required. A fix would be to insert a Build Array before the Write to Spreadsheet.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,530 Views)