From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labView driver for AD 9958 devuce

We have purchased Analog Devices   AD9958 (dual function generator) for generating two identical frequencies and vary the amplitude and phase between the two sinusoidal signals. We are at present running the device using the AD 9958 with the evaluation version software obtained from Analog. With this software we have to adjust the frequency, amplitude and phase between the two manually by entering the menu program. We would like to use the device to sweep the frequency as well as phase continuously for our application.

May I request you to let us know the possibility of interfacing the AD9958 device with the support of LabView driver. Where can we find such a LabView driver.

regards

Mohan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,202 Views)
Hi Mohan,

Unfortunately there isn't a instrument driver specific to that device.  What you could do though is use our NI-VISA driver and try to communicate with the instrument over serial (I assume it uses serial for communication)  There are examples in the Example Finder (Help>>Find Examples) that ships with LabVIEW that will demonstrate some functions you can use.  I hope this helps out.
Regards,

Michael
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,169 Views)