cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kernel32 timer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

For my application, i am using a timer which use the Kernel32.dll and give me some transfer time.

The timer give microseconds precision and I need millisecond precision, so this is ok.

But I have to calibrate this timer to validate that the time it delivers to me is correct

Do you know how I can do this or if there is a tool with certification to calibrate and validate ?

Thank you,

you will find the Timer I use

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,803 Views)

If you only need millisecond, why not use "Tick Count"?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,629 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mehdi94

Hello,

Because my client want a calibration certification of my tool and NI cannot certificate the software.

So I bought a cRIO chassis for use the internal clock of the FPGA which can be certificate

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,584 Views)

What is the task of the application?

I hope that you are aware that Windows is no real-time OS. Delays in range of multiple ms (<10) is the typical case, range of 100s of ms is common, range of multiple seconds possible.

So a certified timing source above the (potentially uncertified) Windows timer (which is used inside the LV timing functions like "Wait") is questionable in context of Windows....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,582 Views)

Hello Norbert,

Yes this is why we change our cDAQ chassis for a cRIO chassis and now we use the hardware clock of the chassis and the FPGA to measure our transfer time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,576 Views)

@Mehdi94 wrote:
[...]now we use the hardware clock of the chassis and the FPGA to measure our transfer time.

What transfer time are you referring to? cRIO to Host?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,573 Views)

It is a transfer time between a sending and receiving command between two telecommunication equipment.

Now it is okay, It works fine

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,567 Views)