From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keithly 2600 voltage pulse error

Solved!
Go to solution

I am attavhinhg a main3_1.vi for generating pulse voltage using 2611B. I am getting error in open/create/replace file function.

Can anyone help with resolving the issue.

This was written by senior who is not around.

Thanks. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,665 Views)

Hi number,

am getting error in open/create/replace file function.

Do you mind to tell us the error number and description?

Did you read the error message? Did you read the error explanation?

Did you debug your VI by checking ALL inputs to the FileCreate function?

I guess the error comes from your "unusual" file path constant in the 1st sequence frame: do you really have a folder like "C:\Documents and Settings\')\Desktop"???

Why do you need a MatLab node to perform "a=1"?

Why do you need a MatLab node to dreate a 2D array from two 1D arrays? Atleast that's a rather creative way to have a Rube-Goldberg!

Why do you create a thread title like "keithley pulse error" when your VI is complaining about file access problems?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 8
(3,643 Views)
MATLAB was used to save huge data . problem I am having is every second its asking for new file name and each file saves data according to keithly 2611b limit. Whereas earlier this program was used to save huge data from keithly through MATLAB interface . I am unable to solve why each second asking new file name than accepting one file and saving all data. Every 50 msec pulse is varying, thus lots of data collected.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,627 Views)

Hi number,

it asks for a filename because there's a file write function in your loop and you don't provide a filepath - it's the same error as for your FileCreate function!

Check the filepath! Start to debug!

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 4 of 8
(3,602 Views)

Can you elaborate little more. I have already added file path which was something like C:\user\expt\desktop\1.txt in open/create/replace VI. Which is file create function?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,593 Views)
You don't place anything IN the subVI. You place it on the main and pass it to the subVI.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,576 Views)

Hi,

I am getting this error (attached). Probably this is the " file write function in your loop" as you have mentuioned. Can you please tell me how/where to rectify?

Thanks

Sudipta

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,527 Views)
Solution
Accepted by 560092

Hi number,

the error message is clear: there are problems to find the GPIB driver…

Suggestions:

- Check your GPIB (software) installation using MAX

- Check the connected GPIB devices using MAX

- Don't use the old GPIB functions, use VISA functions instead!

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 8 of 8
(3,514 Views)