From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keithley to excel interfacing problem ..Please help ! !

I am currently doing project on scanning the resistance from a keithley 2700 DMM for reliability testing of thermistors. I got the resistance value using single measurement VI. But what i need is everytime i invoke the keithley scan based on a counter signal ,it should give the resistance value.

And all these values should get saved in an excel file one after the other along with the cycle number.

The problem i encountered is that ,"after the trigger pulse is given to keithley 2700, it gives the output only after 5 seconds. So i am not able to interface the  keithley with the table and i am not able to get the previous values."

I am attaching my current VI. Here i got the 2 required outputs, but i could not import them into excel one after the other.

Please help me.

NB: here i have considered a latched boolean switch as my counter signal.

Regards
Grugh Mike

Success is Everything !!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,607 Views)

Hi,

try using while loop and shift register...if ur using VISA with RS232...create seprate Vis for read and write functionality.....in read VI use while loop and connect the indicator outside the while loop thsrough shift register....use constant to stop the while loop so that it executes only once when it has been called...in doing so..each time u call the read vi..the labview reads the value and stores it in the shift register and thus u wont loose the data...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,589 Views)

Hey Grugh,

I'm not sure how you would set up your particular instrument to function in that manner. My recommendation would be to look through any examples included with that instrument driver, as well as any documentation, to figure out what options you have with that device. It is entirely possible that the device is simply not quick enough to read data in that way.

With respect to writing to excel files, there are numerous options. The write to spreadsheet file vi produces a file which can be opened in excel. This example is an excellent example of writing a binary file in an excel accessible format. Finally, you can log to TDMS files, which can be opened with our excel plugin, using this example.

Thanks,

D Smith

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,565 Views)

can you please provide me with an example.

Regards
Grugh Mike

Success is Everything !!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,554 Views)

Your VI makes no sense. You don't have a loop so the code only runs once. Do NOT use the run continuous button. Inside the loop should just be the read function and the increment. No point at all in resetting the instrument and doiung a setup over and over again. The mathscript function also makes no sense since you only have a single value (and incorrectly passed). Process one read at a time inside the loop. Use a Build Array.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,543 Views)

sorry for the mistakes.

I am not that good in Labview.

Anyway thank you very much.

Regards
Grugh Mike

Success is Everything !!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,521 Views)

No worries. The best way to learn is to just take a look at examples. You might not know exactly why the examples are the way they are, but it will still help a lot. When I look at the ni.com/idnet page for your DMM, I get this driver:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=0470C9F181C02E75E0440003BA7CCD...

This driver includes an examples folder--take a look through it, and especially look at "Keithley 27XX Continuous Multi Read". I think that may do what you need, or at least a lot of it.

As to the examples, look at those links in my last post. If they don't do what you want them do, check ni.com/community and see if you can find something similar. It really comes down to how much information you need to store.

Thanks,

D Smith

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,489 Views)