From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

k-20

Hi

I´m having problems using GPIB kenthley usb with the old (windows 3.11 based)  k-20 controller.

It seems that the program does not recoginse the GPIB card, BUT i was able to sent some instructions to the equipment by the build in interface of the GPIB device, so its working... Does any one have any idea? I think that the problem is comming from the program itself.... any ideas? or labview drivers?

Thanks!

Emerson

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,702 Views)
What's a K-20 controller and what program are you talking about? If this is somehow related to LabVIEW and you have a VI that uses the low level GPIB functions, then you will need to use an NI GPIB controller or rewrite the program to use the Keithley functions. This could mean using VISA functions if the Keithley has a VISA driver.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,695 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,672 Views)

@Mathan: No I´ve been all over the NI forums and none of the posts are related

@Denni: k-20 is a temperature controller made by MMR technologies. I opened two threads about different issues with this system. Let me try to explain whats going on.

The equipment (k-20), allows you to controll it by GPIB, BUT it does not give you much of the commands. Instead it gives you a Windows 3.11 program to control it.

The deal here is that the GPIB USB from kenthley is connected to the computer, but the program does not recognize the card. Althoug it is properly configure.

Hope it clarify my problem

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,668 Views)
So, you have an old program that is supposed to control an old piece of hardware. You've bought a Keithley USB controller and you expect the old program to automatically recognize the new hardware and work? If that is the case, then should have no reason to expect the program to recognize the Keithley unless you know for sure that the original program was written with a Keithley control in mind. It does not matter if you configure the Keithley or not. The program was almost certainly written for different GPIB hardware and uses functions unique to that controller. You will need to get details about the old program and find out which specific GPIB controllers it supports. If you want to use a Keithley controller, you will have to rewrite the program as I already said.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,649 Views)