LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

joystick windows 8

I´m a german student and sorry for my bad english 🙂 I want to control a rc model with a joystick. I have a new laptop with windows 8 on it. My problem is, that LabVIEW 2012 can´t comunicate with my joystick. On an older laptop from other students with windows 7 and labview 2012 the same vi is working. I got the problem -2000000005, but in the windows joystick test mode, the joystick runs very good.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,346 Views)

Hi boefer,

Are you certain that your one usb joystick is hooked up as device 0 on that particular machine? Maybe it is device 1 and that is why it works. 
Please provide more details in case this is not the case. It is most probably related to the fact that the USB ports are named differently on that particular system. 

The error that you are seeing is a DirectX error, and is not really related to LabVIEW. MSDN has some information regarding this and there are multiple forums that discuss this error from people who are using text based environments.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,305 Views)

I've attached a simple joystick example that works on my Windows 7 PC. Not sure if it will work on Windows 8, but you could give it a shot.

Sam Shearman - Sam.Shearman (@) gmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,204 Views)