From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

joystick error

Hi,

Further to my other post reporting a joystick problem - i am having a problem getting my joystick to work in labview.

It is an Saitek Cyborg joystick and works on the PXI rack but just not in labview 8.2

When i try the basic input example in labview it gives me an error of -2000000006

does that mean anything to anyone and can anybody please help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,076 Views)

Hi Everton01,

Thanks for the post.

From what I understand of this error is you must have a loose connection - from the research I have done. 

A previous customer "unplugging the gamepad will cause the error -2000000006. After plugging it in again,
it still gets the error. Even stopping and restarting the LabView vi doesn't fix it.
One has to completely exit LabView and start again for it to recognize the
gamepad again. "

How have you setup this up?

Kind Regards,

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
Message 2 of 11
(6,075 Views)

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have tried restarting labview and also reseting the whole computer but still get exactly the same problem.

In the computers control panel it has recognised the joystick and when i test it, it works. It is just not reading it in labview. I ran the basic example in the labview example finder for a basic user input. I put a probe on the joystick outputs and it is giving zero to all axis and buttons etc.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,064 Views)

Hi,

Thanks fore the reply!

Did you run the "Query Input Devices.vi" to check if labview see your joystick? 

Also these links have code, do they work?

How Can I Monitor a Joystick, Keyboard, or Mouse in LabVIEW?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CA411647F224787B86256DD000669EFE?OpenDocument

Reading a Joystick's Status

http://sine.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/1879

Please let me know how you get on,

Kind Regards

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,046 Views)

Hi,

I managed to sort my problem thanks.

I tried changing the joystick device ID and rather than a default of 0, it needed a value of '2'.

Thanks for your time anyway.

Regards,

Kieran

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,044 Views)

Hi,

I have the same error in reading data from the joystick. I would be glad if you can suggest me what you did and where did you execute the change in device ID .

Regards,

Neehar

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,485 Views)

I doubt that you will get a reply from the original poster as the last visit to the LabVIEW forums was over three years ago, in 2008. I think the reference to the device ID reference was to the the "index" input to the "Initialize Joystick.vi" that is found in (LabVIEW 8.x) under the "Connectivity\Input Device Control" palette.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,465 Views)

I recently purchased a Saitek Cyborg joystick and am trying to interface it with Labview 2011. The joystick works fine on the computer when i run a test program by Labview for some reason does not find it. I tried querying the devices and went through all of them and non of them come up as a joystick. I am running it on Windows 7 (64-bit instillation) and the Labview is 32 bit. I came across somewhere that there is some compatibilty issues with Labview and HID devices in Windows 7? Does anyone have any seggestions or can help me out?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,315 Views)

All,

I had this error:

Error -2000000006 occurred at errorList.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  (Hex 0x88CA6BFA) The operation cannot be performed unless the device is acquired.

Complete call chain:
     errorList.vi
     joystickAcquire.vi

Solved by simply updating the driver. I did notice there is an old Saitek website and the newer madkatz website. The Cyborg FLY 5 joystick is, as far as I can tell, identical to our old Saitek Cyborg X. Just plugging in the new joystick to replace the old one gave us the error, however, and apparently upgrading the driver fixed our woes.

Hope this helps someone.

Dan

Dan Richards
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,122 Views)

Hi Hilman;

"unplugging the gamepad will cause the error -2000000006 "

Do you know how to fix this error?. Any way to reset the port.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,522 Views)