From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with building an executable

I am getting error 1003 at ABAPI Dist Chg and Save VIs.vi -> ABAPI Dis Build LLB Image.vi -> ABAPI Copy Files and Apply Settings.vi -> EBEP_Invoke_Build_Engine.vi -> EBUIP_Build_Invoke.vi -> EBUIP_Build_invloke.vi.proxyCaller

Possible  reason:
LabVIEW: The VI is not executable
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,300 Views)

The error is stating that one of the VI's in your application cannot be compiled. (it has a broken run arrow)

Try this. Open your top level VI and make sure it can run. If you are calling subVIs dymanically, open them as well and make sure they can run. Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys and click the Run arrow. This will recompile every open VI. Go to the File menu and do a 'Save All'.

Try to build your application again and let us know what happens.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,298 Views)

Thanks Ed,

The full issue is the when I try to build my Application, I gives my this error of a VI that is in the FPGA portion of the project.  This portion seams to do an FPGA compile and even RUN. My Application refers to a Host VI that opens a FPGA reference, which is part of the FPGA portion of the same project file. The problem VI is not even refered directly by the Host side.

One good question I would have is why does the host side even care about the low end VI inside the FPGA?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,289 Views)

Sorry I may have forgot other key information.  I am running LabVIEW 8.0.  Also my host applicaiton runs as best I know.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,286 Views)
Opening a reference to an FPGA VI creates a "virtual link" to that VI. The referred to VI must be capable of running. But that doesn't seem to be the problem.

I can't recall ever seeing an FPGA compile being triggered when building the Host VI.

I can't imagine what the problem might be. I think I'm going to have to leave this one to NI support.

Sorry

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,280 Views)