From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to make a transparent picture?

Solved!
Go to solution

please see my picture.

I write click on the ring picture and add it from clpbored. but dosnt work. is edit menu entry here?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,241 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author behzad1

Does it make a difference if you drag the file from explorer to the control?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 12 of 13
(1,212 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author behzad1

If you need just the picture on your front panel, not an active component, you can just drag and drop a picture from a Windows explorer window to your front panel. I use usually PNG, but GIF will work also.

If you need a control, for example a Boolean or Picture Ring control, start with something in the Classic control palette. I figured out, and read also in the forums, that those type of controls can be modified easier, because they are pretty simple.

The attached file shows your untitled-2.gif picture in a modified Picture Ring

1. Select Classic / Ring & Enum / Pict Ring
  2. Right click / Hide Increment/Decrement in Visible Items
  3. Right Click Advanced/Customize .... This will show the control in a separate window
  4. Right Click + Shift / Change the color of all visible item to transparent
  5. Click on the first icon in the tool bar 'Change to Customize Mode. You will see the outline of all elements of this control
  6. Right Click on the small rectangle in the middle of the control and select: Import from File ...
  7. Select the picture with the transparent background
  8. Click again on the icon in the toolbar to change to Edit Mode
  9. Done

Now you can save the control as a regular control, or type def.

Close the control edit window. You will see a pop up windows asking if you want to replace the original control with the new one. Click on Yes.

See attached file. The same thing can be done with Boolean controls, but in this case you need to replace 4 images: ON, OFF, ON->OFF, OFF->ON. I think many other control types will work also. It all depends what you need,

Message 13 of 13
(1,171 Views)