LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to make a transparent picture?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello.

Appearance of labview is very good, but there are some obstacle to better it. for example:

1. I want use a valve in my program. but there is a background in my picture. can I use a transparent picture in labview?

2. for add a picture to program, we should use a ring, like attached picture. but if use a transparent picture, the ring make a new backgroung!

can you solve this proble to make a better picture?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(7,791 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author behzad1

behzad1 a écrit :

Hello.

Appearance of labview is very good, but there are some obstacle to better it. for example:

1. I want use a valve in my program. but there is a background in my picture. can I use a transparent picture in labview?

2. for add a picture to program, we should use a ring, like attached picture. but if use a transparent picture, the ring make a new backgroung!

can you solve this proble to make a better picture?

Best Regards

1. Yes you can use a picture with a transparent background in LabVIEW

2. Make the picture ring transparent. Select the brush tool and make the background transparent (T), do the same thing for the border you will have to press the the space bar to select the 2 parts of the border (sorry for the inexact terminology!) as in the attached picture.

Ben64

tranparent picture ring.png

Message 2 of 13
(7,766 Views)

thank a lot Ben64

I did it. but I just transparent the backgroung of ring. I could not do these:

1- I couldnt transparent border of ring. I click on border of ring but brush dosnt transparent it.

2. I couldnt add transparent picture. actually, I coulndt add a picture file to ring tool. I can just add a picture from clipboard. result transparent dosnt work.

I could add transparent picture file from ->advance ->customize but here, I just change the background of ring to transparent picture, while I need 2 picture in ring. I want use on and off mode of a motor.

can you help me more to solve it?

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(7,716 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author behzad1

@behzad1 wrote:

thank a lot Ben64

I did it. but I just transparent the backgroung of ring. I could not do these:

1- I couldnt transparent border of ring. I click on border of ring but brush dosnt transparent it.

2. I couldnt add transparent picture. actually, I coulndt add a picture file to ring tool. I can just add a picture from clipboard. result transparent dosnt work.

I could add transparent picture file from ->advance ->customize but here, I just change the background of ring to transparent picture, while I need 2 picture in ring. I want use on and off mode of a motor.

can you help me more to solve it?

Best Regards.

1. Use a Classic ring and you can make the border transparent.

2. Can't test that now. Are you using a Pict-ring?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 4 of 13
(7,678 Views)

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(7,659 Views)

To me a Ring is a text-ring. There's a specific pict-ring. That might make a difference on the transparancy of the items.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(7,654 Views)

No, I'm trying to add a transparancy picture to ring pic. but i can't. do you talk about that?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(7,652 Views)

Hi Behzad,

you need to add a transparent picture (PNGs preferred!) to your pictring.

And you need to set the pictring background to transparent too before you will be able to see the frontpanel background through your pictring and it's picture!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 8 of 13
(7,649 Views)

Hi GerdW

I know.

1. I made 2 transparent picture(for example a green valve for open mode of valve and red valve for close mode.) I want displace between 2 picture.

2. I transparent ring and it's border.

now, I want add these two picture to ring picture, but, if I add them in frontpanel, backgroung change to the white color, instead of transparent. I add them by copy from clipboard, is another way?

by the way, I can add transparent picture in customize from advance of ring picture, but it can be add to backgroung and I can add two picture by these way.

Is it possible add two transparent picture to ring picture ?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(7,644 Views)

Hi behzad,

I add picture usually by loading them with the edit menu entry "Insert image in clipboard" (or similar, rough translation from German).

Only this way preserves transparency in pictures!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(7,639 Views)