From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

irq not less than or equal BSOD

Simply using another brand USB/232 adapter may help. Remember to uninstall the old drivers.

Personally I've not had the best of luck with the NI-Serial devices. The IOGear GUC232's have worked well for us for many years, and if you're looking to design a board with serial adapters on them, SILabs CP2102's play nicely with LabVIEW/VISA.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(651 Views)

@Paul-D wrote:

National Instruments does offer several USB-Serial options you can check out.  As far as confidence goes, we have a wide base of users using these, and we'd be able to troubleshoot any further problems you have, although I doubt you'd continue to run into this problem.  In the case of a BSOD for IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, it's very likely not going to be your code or your Tektronix device causing the crash.  I would definitely say your existing hardware and driver would have to be the prime suspect here.

I do not work for NI and as long as you do not buy it from me, I make nothing from NI USB-Serial adapters. That being said...

Any time I have the option to select the hardware, I use the NI version. They have worked flawlessly for me. If I ever did have trouble with them, I can talk to a human and not have to play e-mail troubleshooting tag. When an adapter failed (lightning strike) the new one installed as Comm 4 or something. A quick call to NI, and I found out the Serial drivers included a utility to let me change the Comm number assignments.

So I will freely endorse the NI USB_Serial.

Ben 

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 12 of 13
(646 Views)

I had similar problems with a USB to serial device.  A solution that worked for me was to change the VISA read/write VI's to synchronous. This setting is found by right-clicking on those VI's.  Apparently this is a known issue with USBSER.sys.  If you are using an IVI driver, then you may not have access to that setting in the VISA layer.

Message 13 of 13
(549 Views)