LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip software glitch

Has anyone else had problems with LabVIEW 2012 software closing when you try to search "ip" in the functions palette on the block diagram?  I've tried it several times now, and every time, after a few seconds, LabVIEW gives an error message, saying it has to close.  I've attached an image of the error message.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,198 Views)

I reported something similar in a previous release (2010 or 2011) of LabVIEW.  In my case, I was trying to use Network Streams.  What was peculiar is that I could move a wire, add a wire, or delete a wire on the block diagram and LabVIEW would "apologize for the inconvenience".  I was able to figure out a work-around, but basically stopped using Network Streams until I learned from one of the developers at NIWeek that this particular problem had been found and fixed.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,188 Views)

If you continue to see the issue, it may be worth repairing your installation of LabVIEW. Instructions on how to do so can be found here.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,148 Views)

I have encountered (fortunately at a rate less than once/year) significant LabVIEW glitches such as reported here.  A "Repair" has never worked for me (possibly because I had multiple LabVIEW versions installed, but always in the "Oldest to Newest" order).  Instead, I've done a complete Uninstall, followed by a Reinstall.  [Did one just over this past weekend -- took about 5 hours ...].

BS

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,136 Views)