LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interfacing keithley 2401 source meter via gpib to a labVIEW interface to keep reading voltage and current values

i need to interface a keithley 2401 source meter to labVIEW and read voltage and current values across a solar cell ,i wish to connect the source meter to the pc via gpib . how should i proceed on the labVIEW interface to do the same?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,509 Views)

Start by downloading the LabVIEW driver for it.  There should be an example with the driver to do what you want.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,488 Views)

This driver does not support the 2401. I am interested in doing something very similar.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,260 Views)

I am suprise.  I used this driver two years ago specifically  for the 2401...

Message 4 of 9
(4,254 Views)

Hello,

The driver does not support the following models: 2401, 2425, 2400-C, 2410-C, 2420-C, 2440-C, 2425-C, 2430-C, 2400-LV.

Best Regards,
National Instruments - Instrument Drivers/IVI Group
instrument.drivers@ni.com

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,245 Views)

The commands are the same for the 24XX series, but they only tested the 2400....

Message 6 of 9
(4,241 Views)

Hey, if downloading, installing, rebooting, debugging, uninstalling, repairing etc etc to get the software to work properly didn't take me have a week, I'd probably just try it out. I'm just navigating a path based on that email I received from NI driver support group that I pasted in my last comment, the forums I've read etc. In the end, I used the KI-488 driver supplied by Keithley. It is NI compatible. I've have been able to get it to perform some basic commands eg/ *IDN?, and will do some more testing today. I believe you had some success, and I'll let you know if I resort to using your advice. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,226 Views)

how to interface keithely 2400 with driver?i want to store the values automatically.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,788 Views)