LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

instrument I/O assistant isn't installed properly under windows 2000 and xp

after the complete installation of Labview 7express (FDS),the instrument I/O assistant does not work. An error mesage pops up saying that the assistant is not completely installed and that labview 7 should be installed prior to the assistant and that I should reinstall the assistant. I tried to reinstall the I/O assistant directly from the device driver reference CD but it has no effect. What could I do to have the assistant installed correctly ? ( I tried under windows xp same problem)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,596 Views)
Check Add/Remove programs»NI Software and see if you the two circled entries listed. If you don't, which one is missing? Note: I/O assistant has a number of dependencies and should not be installed via its MSI installer, it should only be installed via the Driver CD's installer.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,596 Views)
I forgot the screenshot.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,596 Views)
I finally got the I/O assistant to work, but in the add/remove programs I only have the one which is not labelled 'for labview 7.0'. Do I need to have both installed and if so where can I find the second one?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,596 Views)
The one labeled "for LabVIEW 7" installs with LabVIEW. The other component installs with the driver CD. If you did a custom install of LabVIEW and deselected some components, then that is why the LabVIEW 7 component does not show up. If it works I'd just use it, it sounds like the component is installed but just not showing up.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,596 Views)