From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

instr.lib path change in executable

Hello,

generated and executable using Labview 2010. It actually run fine on development computer.

However, when running executable on other plaltform, the path for instr.lib changes to C:\instr.lib.

The project only contains a packed library and the start up vi which calls VIs from packed library.

How can I solve this issue?

Ariscrate!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,562 Views)

Any VIs you call that are in instr.lib should be inside of the executable.  Are you trying to call one of these VIs dynamically?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,546 Views)

Hi Crossrulz,

unfortunately don't know how the packed lib has been implemented. it mights call VIs dynamically (I'm not sure).

I access a VI of packed library from start up VI. It actually works fine on development computer.

yet when I change the location of generated exe, it search for instr.lib components as well as VI of packed library at other location. It seems to fix the paths of all referenced  VIs.

Is there somthing to pay attention to when building executable that calls VIs dynamically?

kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,530 Views)

Aristocrate wrote:

Is there somthing to pay attention to when building executable that calls VIs dynamically?

You just have to be careful about where your VIs actually are.  Using relative paths are typically the way to go.  It is best if you can use relative paths based on the Application Directory, which points either to the EXE or the project file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,521 Views)

It doesn't look for intruments drivers in that folder but the VI of packed library i called from start up VI. And this one I don't call it dynamically (In start up VI)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,516 Views)

Hello Aristocrate,

at building the EXE:

have you tried to put your library in "always included"?

Do you use relative paths?

Does the EXE work in the development system?

Let me know if it worked out.

Message 6 of 7
(4,477 Views)

@Richard20 wrote:

Hello Aristocrate,

at building the EXE:

have you tried to put your library in "always included"?

Do you use relative paths?

Does the EXE work in the development system?

Let me know if it worked out.

Thanks!  I forgot about that and your post helped remind me again!

My situation was this:

• labview\vi.lib\Utility\NIReport.llb\Standard Report\NI_Standard Report.lvclass if the application uses standard reports.
  • labview\vi.lib\Utility\NIReport.llb\Word\NI_Word.lvclass if the application uses Microsoft Word.
  • labview\vi.lib\Utility\NIReport.llb\Excel\NI_Excel.lvclass if the application uses Microsoft Excel.
  • From the Source Files page of the Application Properties or Shared Library Properties dialog box, navigate to and select the class files you added to the project. Click the right arrow button next to the Always Included list to add the class files to the application.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372120A-01/lvrgthelp/rgt_stand_alone_apps/

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,387 Views)