From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installer instal labview application as window service

Dear NI

I want to make an installer which installs labview application as windows service.

Currently i am using third party tool to do this. Is it possible with labview application builder.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,164 Views)

Documented way is described in the following KB article:

Running a LabVIEW Application as a Windows NT/2000/XP/Server 2008/7 User-Defined Service

All what you need is Microsoft Windows Resource Kit.

Andrey.

Message 2 of 4
(2,146 Views)

Dear Andrey

Thanx i have seen this KB.

I am asking about application builder that i dont want to do this all only one click installer will do that. Anyway thanx a lot for your time and consideration.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,139 Views)

It should be possible also with installer builder. You should automate described steps (put some entries into the registry and call executable from MS ResKit). Resourse kit should be deployed with same installer (not sure if there "silent" install possible, otherwise read ResKit documentation and license agreement). Alternatively you can build installer with third party tool - in this case you will have more "freedom". In the past I have done this with Inno Setup - works without problems.

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,130 Views)