From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installer/exe

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello. I made exe file  and installer in order to use my program on another computer where LabVIEW is not installed. Program is to control DC power supply Agilent 5771A which needs additional driver to communicate with PC but when I dont have installed LabVIEW I dont have a folder where I can install the driver. Is there any installer  which I have to include when I build installer for my application?

Thank you very much for advice.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,396 Views)

Hi JK,

which additional driver for your Agilent are you talking about?

Is it just VIs? If so they will be "bundled" into the executable…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,376 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JKmann

Do you use VISA name to address instrument? Then you need VISA run-time.

FIrst you need to make sure windows instrument driver is installed (device is correctly listed in device manager). It can be VISA run-time, drivers of the instrument, virtual com-port, etc. They know nothing about LabVIEW and do not require its folder.

LabVIEW "drivers" is a wrapper that finally calls driver DLLs. When you build your app, they are included into exe, no need to install them separately. Check you did not exclude vi.lib or instr.lib files from exe build.

Sometimes there is intermediate DLL between driver and LabVIEW VIs, then you need to include it into support folder of the exe. If you do not include all required DLLs, when you start your app, it will say that it is missing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,354 Views)

Thank you for advices.

Yes driver is only .VI  plus some files .mnu

Yes I use VISA name to address  but I didnt include it into my build so probably thats the problem. 

I use USB cable to connect power supply with PC, but there is problem that  PC doesn´t even recognize it. Is there any option to solve that? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,341 Views)