LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installer designed to install new program version to new folder

I need to build an installer that can install a newer version of the program into a new program data subfolder than a previous one so that there can be two differnt versions of the program executable on the same machine so I can support differnt configurations of equipment that my program interrfaces to. What si the besst way to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,207 Views)

Just make sure the "Upgrade code" (on the Version information page of the installer build specification) is different for the 2 installers, then you can install the 2 applications in parallel.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,183 Views)

Thanks, but is there a way to install the 2 different versions to different folders.  I.E.  > C:|Program Files\Program V1 and to C:\Program Files\Program V2?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,172 Views)

@id wrote:

Thanks, but is there a way to install the 2 different versions to different folders.  I.E.  > C:|Program Files\Program V1 and to C:\Program Files\Program V2?

Other than just specifying different paths when you build the executable?  I have a distinct feeling I don't have all the pieces to this puzzle...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,164 Views)