From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installer connection problem

hello,

I build an interface to a serial device that is connected through USB-RS232 cable

( I had to install profilic windows driver for my computer to identify the cable).

I did that and my VI works.

I build an installer with run-time enviroment to be installed on another computer.

(who has profilic drivers installed allready - the compter communicate with the device via hyper terminal and I build the LabView for it).

when I install and load it - It does'nt identify the coms - I suspect I need to install device driver which is something my compter have and the other one not.

Can someone help me on what check box I need to check when building the installer?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,140 Views)
Did you also include the VISA runtime? What about including MAX and exporting the hardware configuration from there?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,136 Views)

I only included NI LabView Run-Time Engine (2011 64 bit in my case).

I configure the serial port in my VI and it works, I dont see a reason to configure it elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,131 Views)
Well, if you don't install the hardware driver for LabVIEW, of course the software will not work. This means VISA.

You don't have to use MAX to configure the port. You might want to use it to troubleshoot or change aliases though.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,128 Views)