From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install labview2013 on win7-32bit getting windows sdk error

Solved!
Go to solution

I am installing labview 2013sp1 on a brand new computer with win7-32bit OS, but keep getting Windows SDK error(code -12, and something else).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,903 Views)

Are you installing from the discs or from the network? I've I think I've seen that error code before when trying to install from a network path. Try copying the installers to your local machine and then running the installer.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,897 Views)

@weitong wrote:

I am installing labview 2013sp1 on a brand new computer with win7-32bit OS, but keep getting Windows SDK error(code -12, and something else).

I know for a fact that installing LabVIEW 2013SP1 on Windows 7 32-bit from NI DVDs works.

Message 3 of 6
(2,872 Views)

I install it from hard disk which is copied from the NI  dvd disks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,860 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author weitong

Try installing it from the disks, or create an ISO image of the disk, mount the image and then install from that. This sounds very similar to the issue I had.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 5 of 6
(2,856 Views)

Thanks.

Today it is successfully installed from DVD disks, but failed from ISO image which is created from the same disks.

Weird.

WT

LV2013sp1

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,830 Views)