LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install a driver dll for a wrapper driver

Hi Folks,

I am very new to Labview, but have a task to set up a system.

I am trying to add a TGR 1040 RG sig gen, and found the driver in the third party drivers as a driver wrapper.

I did searches etc and could not find any information on how to install these device wrappers.

The driver download contained a folder and a tg1010_32.dll. I found that the folder was a LLB directory so I put it into inst.lib. I assumed that I imported the dll into labview? I got to the page where it wanted the name of the dll but it also wanted a header file, so is the driver wrapper missing a file or should I be adding the dll some other way?

Any help would be appreciated.

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,937 Views)

Try to open (or use it as a subvi) the driver vi from the llb, it should be correctly configured to link dll. Do not change location of dll relative to driver vis. 

A few notes:

If you want to write your own wrapper, you will need to import dll into labview (describe how the dll is linked to vi). Then yes, you will either need .h file or description of the library functions to configure Call Library function node

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DCB90714981A1F148625731E00797C33

If you put files into instr.lib, they will be available at one of the instrument pallettes, just easier to locate wrapper vi to put it on the block diagram. It has nothing to do with importing dll into labview.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,914 Views)