LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insert multiple panel into sub panel

hello

I've written a subVI which performs differents tasks. For each task there is a corresponding panel; That is my subVI  has multiple panel. Each task is performed one at a time : I call the panel showing the actual task progression the active panel. My subVI runs (is called) on the block diagram of the main VI.

Now my question : How can I plot only the subVI active panel into the sub panel of main VI? I am wondering if at all it's possible! if not! is there another way of doing this?

Thanks for reply

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,928 Views)

Hey, if I understand your question I think you could probably put each subvi panel in a tab and, depending on which action is being performed, use a property node to show only the tab that is active. 

Message 2 of 6
(2,923 Views)

Hi Achilles,

I've created a tab as you suggested. I set the size of my subVI's Panel to be equal to tab's size. But I'm having difficuties centering it into the sub panel control. Have you got a clue on how to achieve this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,882 Views)

I'm not really sure what you mean, are you able to attach your code?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,864 Views)

Hi Achilles,

thanks a lot. I definitely locked the subVI's front panel to a fixed size as well as the sub panel and it's working.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,765 Views)

Awesome, glad I could help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,748 Views)