From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insert into array

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, i'm new using labview and i want to create a dataloger. I want to insert values into array and keep only when buttom is press or if a boolean is true. The array works but not keep the values, erase it and replace.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,765 Views)

Hi avimar,

THINK DATAFLOW!

What happens in the other case (False state) with your array data?

And how can you avoid, what happens in the FALSE case?

THINK DATAFLOW!

Btw. you should put a small wait statement in your loop. And you don't need that "Get Date/Time" function in your VI…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,748 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author avimar

@avimar wrote:

Hello, i'm new using labview and i want to create a dataloger. I want to insert values into array and keep only when buttom is press or if a boolean is true. The array works but not keep the values, erase it and replace.

thanks

Start by turning off the Use Default If Unwired on your output tunnel of the case structure.  Then make sure you wire your array straight through in the false casing (clearing the error you go when you disabled the use default if unwired).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 3
(2,725 Views)