LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insert degrees celcius symbol into front panel text label?

Hi. I tried ALT - 176. and it worked to generate the degree symbol. But when i continue to type char 'C' , the string became question mark '?'. Is there a need to type something else in between ° and C so that it wont become the question mark? 

degree symbol.JPG , insert char 'C', it became degree and C.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(3,438 Views)

Hold Alt, press 0186, release Alt. If it doesn't work the font doesn't support º.    

º-º

You can use Character map to select and copy it, but it also gives the keystroke combination to write it directly.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(3,424 Views)

Actually, the degree sign is Alt-0176.  Alt-0186 is a different character that looks a lot like a degree symbol, but looks a little larger and a little lower on the line.  Character map calles it the "Masculine Ordinal Indicator" whatever the heck that is supposed to mean. °°ºº  are a pair of each side by side.

Alt 0176 followed by a C works just fine for me.  I suggest trying again.  Be sure to enter the leading zero.

Message 13 of 20
(3,405 Views)

Thank for all your replies. I tried and found that ° and C need to using different font. It means that after i typed ° , i have to change to another font at font setting then type in char 'C'. Symbol °C perfectly shown on string indicator 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(3,392 Views)

What font did you have there to begin with?  I have never had to change fonts.  The default font for LabVIEW (which I think maps to one of the windows fonts) works just fine for me.  Are you dealing with some sort of foreign Unicode font?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(3,389 Views)

I had tried different font for example Arial, Times New Romen , Calibri . It just cannot shown ºC together.  º and C need to use the font which different with each others. 

Since you said that there is no problem for you in labview. So i think should be different language setting between computers and i made a test for it.  Initially, I set Chinese (Simplied,PRC) to  'Current language for non-Unicode programs' setting at control panel. With this setting, ° and C cannot type together with the same font. So , i now changed the setting to English (United State). The °C is perfectly shown together. Thank again for your attention

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(3,384 Views)

Make a correction at here. The ascii code for º is 167. Not 176 as i stated before. Now just found out the mistake Smiley Embarassed

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(3,382 Views)

Perhaps it is in a different location for the font you are using.  But it is always Alt-0176 in the fonts I regularly use.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(3,374 Views)

Alt 249

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(3,353 Views)

Alt+ ASCII code in decimal is an interesting way to generate characters. The Alt+ scans to ASCII NOT UTF-8 and Extended ASCII characters are platform specific not font specific.   Several extended ASCII implementations exist.  Windows uses the ISO Latin-1 codes that can be found here

PS my alias contains Alt+0267Alt+0222Alt+0267

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(3,344 Views)