LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insert a windows form textbox control

Hi,

I am using LV7.1 and trying to insert a windows form textbox control using activeX container. It works fine but when I close the VI and reopen it, the activeX control disappears from the front panel but it is there in the block digram.

Anyone else ran into the same problem before?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,123 Views)
what happens when you right click on the icon in the block diagram and say Find Control?
jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,112 Views)
Are you sure you're not referring to the .NET Windows Forms Textbox control? I don't know of an ActiveX textbox control. At least I don't see one. If so, what you are seeing is normal behavior. .NET controls inside the .NET container are sometimes not visible unless the VI is running.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,105 Views)
it finds it in the front panel and shows a contour of the control. but as soon as i click somewhere else, it disappear again. And when I run the vi, the control does not show up. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,104 Views)
Can you upload your VI?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,100 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,078 Views)

It seems as if the control is simply not visible. I right-clicked on the terminal and selected Show Control.

It appears as if you're just using an indicator. Any reason why you're using the ActiveX textbox as opposed to a simple string indicator? If you want the "System" look use the "Dialog" controls. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,069 Views)

I am trying to it because I need the horizontal scroll bar and disabled word wrap, which I cannot find in the string indicator...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,060 Views)

Ah. OK. What happens when you show the control? Does it hide itself after you stop the VI? Does it hide itself after you close and reopen the VI?

Unfortunately, on my virtual machine that has 7.1 I don't have the Microsoft Forms 2.0 controls, so I can't even load the control.  I am not seeing the behavior you're describing in 8.2, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bug with 7.1.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,045 Views)
Thanks. I think you are right and it might well be a bug for 7.1 since I just tried on 8.6. It doesn't have this problem.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,033 Views)