LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

input string by barcode scanner acts differently

Hi I develop a simple program that accepts input by means of barcode scanner automatically.
Using keyboard works fine but not barcode scanner.
The program acts weird, when using barcode scanner during run time and development. I cannot find ways to debug it.
Would appreciate your help if u can help to solve. I am using Labview 7.1.
Here are exe and vi.

Your regards
Clement
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,812 Views)

Hi astrophysics,

I've looked at your program and have some questions.  What exactly is this weird behavior that you are referring to?  Can you explain what you are trying to do and what the program is doing instead?

Also, you said that you were looking for ways to debug your program.  Inherently, LabVIEW has many debugging tools, such as the probe tool, which allows you to check wire values and highlight execution, which can narrow down the specific location that is giving these unexpected results.  You can also check LabVIEW Help - the topic "Debugging Options Page" explains the available tools.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Janell Rodriguez | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,777 Views)
Have you programmed the barcode scanner to send a carriage return at the end of the decoded string? Just a guess from limited info available.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,775 Views)
I just ran the VI with my USB bar code reader and it seemed to work. I think AnalogKid is correct. You need to check the programming of the scanner.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,770 Views)

Hi All,  Thanks for your reply. I have tried ways to debug the program. Actually the vi works fine with the keyboard and barcode scanner.

But not the exe one. When exe is run, after the entry in input1 is given, suddenly "j" appears in input 2. I could not find the source of "j".

I will check with the programmedbarcode scanner.  The barcode scanner shares with the keyboard.

Anyway thsnks for your great help.

Clement

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,757 Views)

HI Astroboy,

Let us know what happens after you check with your barcode scanner.  Remember, we are here to help!

Thanks,

Janell Rodriguez | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,736 Views)