From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

initialize queue

Solved!
Go to solution

I am working on a queued state machine setup. I am using a type def with all of my possible states in it as the elements of my queue. At the start of my program the queue needs to initialize with a specific order as shown in the snippet below. However, when I run the code and probe the queue at the end, I end up with 0 entries in my queue. Am I missing something? This is my first time working with queues in labview.

Enqueue.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,212 Views)

Is another process dequeuing in parallel?  How are you checking to see how many items are in the queue?

Just as a convenience, it would be better to create an array of the tasks and enqueue inside of a FOR loop.  Be sure to use a shift register on the error and the queue reference.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(3,208 Views)

You could create an Array constant of all those enums set in that order.  Wrap the Enqueue in a For Loop  and feed the array constant in with auto-indexing on the tunnel.  Use shift registers on the queue reference wire and the error wire for identical functionality.  Less diagram space.

EDIT:  I see that is what Crossrulz suggested by the time I had posted this.

So attached is the image.

Message 3 of 5
(3,196 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MTHPCB

If you are probing the queue out wire that is a reference to the queue and not the queue itself.

For testing purposes use the Get Queue Status VI and probe the # elements in queue output.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,194 Views)

Don,

It looks like you were right. I was probing directly off of the queue itself, rather than using the get queue status vi. I tried that and it looks like my queue is being built properly. So now I just need to figure out which downstream process is not working correctly.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,135 Views)