cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

initialize control to new default value

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I would like to initlize a control to a new default value? I was looking into property nodes and invoke node, I can use invoke node to initialize it to default but how to change the default value from within the block diagram ? is it possible even ?

Best Regards

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,995 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nolsqn

so i jsut read this

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Make-Current-Value-Default/m-p/777099/highlight/true#M355585

soo i am asssuming *ini file is the way to go

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,990 Views)

Yes, you should use a configuration file of some sort.  I personally prefer the *.ini file type using the Configuration File VIs NI has made.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,985 Views)

hi Crossrulz,

I am already using that, it just poped in my mind that maybe if there is a invoke node to default the value, there might be a way to set the last value as default as well 🙂

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,981 Views)

@nolsqn wrote:

hi Crossrulz,

I am already using that, it just poped in my mind that maybe if there is a invoke node to default the value, there might be a way to set the last value as default as well 🙂

There is no executable out there (other than a virus) which does that.  You have to save the configurations in an external file of some sort.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 6
(2,978 Views)

thanks 🙂

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,973 Views)