cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

initialize a retroactive loop

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I'm a beginner on labview since a few months. I am developping an HCI which save datas when the user clicks on push-buttons. There is an " history of data record" which is recording all the actions performed by users.

I need to delete the history (data of a multicolonm listbox) only when the user click on a reset button. But I don't know how to do it. The listbox's data's are cleared on each VI excecution, and I don't want this behaviour, I need to save the history even thought the Vi is stopped by the user.

The way I build "history of data record", i initialize a retroactive loop with the data of the multicolonm listbox, but it doesn't work, I have tryed many ways.

many thanks in advance for your answers.

Thibaud

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,589 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ThibaudP

Any data you want to store between runs of a program have to be saved to a file.  So when you close the application, your code should store whatever it want to preserve to a file.  Then when the application starts up, it reads that file and populates the data wherever it goes.

There are many file types you could use for this: binary file (good for just storing a single array), configuration file (NI has a really good API for using these), XML, database.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,581 Views)