cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

index Array input problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Has anyone seen this problem before.  I have an index array that I have used before in an earlier subVI but for some reason I'm getting a wiring error and I'm not sure why.  I have attached the earlier use and the current useage and I can't see why I'm getting an this wiring error.  The input is an 32bit unsign and I'm moving the lower picture function to a different program (no cut and paste).

If you have any ideas please let me know.

Gary Tyrna

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,328 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ggaryt
Disable indexing on your array when it enters the For Loop.  As to the use of locals, give it some thought.
Message 2 of 4
(2,325 Views)

Darin,

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm looking to pass the memory map information into my state machine but I'm not sure how and I have been giving it some thought.  I'm using the local to get the loop up and running (first state machine) so I'm using this as a learning platform.

Gary Tyrna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,318 Views)

Gary,

In general, if you're going to be passing information in a state machine from iteration to iteration, using a shift register to do this is the best choice.  If you have multiple pieces of data that need to be passed, you can use a cluster for this so that you have fewer shift registers. 

Jared S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,263 Views)