cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incrementation of the voltage

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody,

I have a question which I think is really easy to solve, but I can't find a way to do this. I need to apply a voltage through a sample. I'd like to increment this voltage of 100V each 30s. For the moment I'm just trying to find a simple way to do this (no plugged devices, just a simulation). I already did something, but when I look at the wave chart, the voltage is increasing continuely while I'd like it to increase step by step, each 30s. I should see a stairway form... I attached my really simple VI.

Thanks.

Thomas.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,757 Views)

Hello Thomas,

The good news is that you're actually doing what you want, the signal ramps up every 30 seconds.  This would also work with DAQ hardware as long as the hardware you're using maintains whatever the last value written was.

The reason you're seeing a ramp on your Waveform Chart is that you're only plotting one point per iteration, so it looks like a ramp (you're writing one value every 30 seconds and nothing in-between).  If you want to plot interim points, you'll need to add some logic that allows your loop to run faster than the increment rate and plots the same value multiple times. You'll also probably need to use something other than the loop iteration to determine the output, and you'll want an automatic stop condition of some sort- it seems unlikely that your voltage can continue increasing indefinitely!

Best Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,746 Views)

Hello Tom,

I now understand what is my problem, thank you. What can I do to increase the number of point during these 30s ? I'm a all new user of Labview. So what could allow me to choose the number of point I want ? I'll work on it.  For the stop condition I agree but as I said I just want to operate a basic loop for the moment.

Thanks again.

Thomas.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,741 Views)

The other solution would be to change the plot style (aka interpolation) to show stair steps…

Just one click away! 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 6
(2,739 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author thomUConn

Try something like this:

!1.png

Note: I configured the Express vi for 3 seconds vice the 30 you want for demonstration purposes.  (Users get bored easilly when the have to wait too long to see a change)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,731 Views)

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late answer. Anyway, what a good surprise on this Monday morning. This is exactly what I wanted !

Thank you very much !

Thomas.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,681 Views)