LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

increment graph with new spreadsheet data

Solved!
Go to solution
I'm having a bit of trouble and could use some help if anyone has a moment.  My vi is acquiring data continuously at 2Hz, and appending the data to an open spreadsheet.  I'd like to be able to view the data collected from the spreadsheet in graphical form, but I don't want to have to redraw all the data points each time the spreadsheet is graphed.  I've attached the section of the vi that's dealing with this issue.  I included an incrementer in my loop (+0.5 each implimentation) to provide the time (from i=0) that each data point is collected, so my spreadsheet basically has 2 columns, one for time (0, 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, etc), and a second column for the data point recorded.  All this works fine.  It's just the graphing that's giving me trouble.  Assume the broken wires are not broken in the total vi.  Any thoughts on this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,166 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author McMurray

For anyone who's interested, we solved this by attaching a waveform chart to the transposed array being output by my DAQ, and set the history of this chart to include the needed duration.  It would appear that a waveform graph will not suffice, and each plot will not appear unless the array is in the horizontal position (columns instead of rows for each data point).  Thanks to Jeff at NI for the help on this one.

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,146 Views)