From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incomplete time serie

Hello!!

I try to do the spectrum analysis from a incomplete time serie. I have zeros in the "no-data". The "unevenly sampled spectrum", "power spectrum" etc... doesn't work well becouse the nodata-zeros contamine the spectrum.

Then, i try to do a deconvolution of a mask and the contamined serie... but the result isn't the original serie (a test serie, i know the complete serie and a incomplete serie)

Anyone help me???

Thanks regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,300 Views)
Just let me know If my understanding is correct.You want to delete all zeros since they mean adding unwanted noise?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,298 Views)
Yes, i want to do the fourier transform (auto, power, lomb...) and delete all component (frecuencies) due to the zeroes of the time series. Then, i "clean" the serie and i have the original serie's FT(fourier transform).

d=c·m (d dirty serie, c clean serie, m mask serie ) FT(d)=D, FT(c)=C, FT(m)=M.

by a property of fourier transform, convolution:

d=c·m <-> D=C*M ( * is convolution )  --->   D deconv M=C

if the time serie is complex or not obvious, the labview's deconvolution doesn't work well.

the question is, somebody knows some method or algorithm to solve this problem?

thank's

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,267 Views)

Hi,

If the LabView routines don't fit into your needs try to build your own or adapt it from pre-existing C/Fortran routins using built-in LV functions and the MathScriptnodes. 

You can find a good compilations of numerical routines in the online numeric reciepes.

http://www.nr.com/oldverswitcher.html 

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Guillem. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,246 Views)