LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

include new VIs on other Pc without LABView

Hi everyone,

I'm programming a device of Rohde & Schwarz and they provide a folder of VIs to proram the device,to use them I have to add the folder to Labview instir.lib Folder, then use those VIs to program our device

Once I created the exe. I can run it on the laptop I have included the VIs on, but not on others because the VIs are missing

My question is how can I include those VIs in other PC where the Labview is not installed, should I put them in the national instruments folder or include them once I build the installer

Thank you in advance

My best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,831 Views)

What VIs is it looking for? Executables normally contain all of their own dependencies unless they call other VIs dynamically. You probably need to include some additional components in your installer - what VIs does it say are missing? Have you tried setting them to 'always included' in the build specification?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,815 Views)

What driver library are you trying to use?  As Sam stated, any VIs that are statically called should already be in the executable.  If they are not being included for some reason, you need to use the Always Include option in the executable build scpecification.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,784 Views)

Thank you for your replies

I found my mistake

The VIS peovided used Visa VISA. And when I built the installer I didn't slect NI VIsa

And tried to add it so  I selected it as the picture shown below

Capture.JPG

And I had to download national intruments Drivers of February 2014 because I don't have them. For that I followed the instructions in this website http://www.ni.com/download/ni-device-drivers-february-2014/4634/en/

but the probleme Once I downloaded the file and add it. A message appeared explain that I didn't the right installers

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,756 Views)

Hi k.nadia,

my guess your exe application is missing dynamicaly called VI by the instrument driver.

Check out the application note 1MA228 chapter 7.1 - Building executables:

http://www.rohde-schwarz.com/appnote/1MA228

Cheers,

Milo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,707 Views)