LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

include directories with files when building Installer

Solved!
Go to solution

I want my installer to install the executable in C:\ProductA\SystemTest\Program1

I also want have C:\ProductA\SystemTest\CsvFiles created and have the csv files included.

Is this possible?

How would I go about doing this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(3,851 Views)

I strognly recommend to use common windows convetion and install into the "c:\program files\" hierarchy. The root folder should be offlimits.

Yes, you can include anything you want. (e.g. I include html documentation). What have you tried?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(3,840 Views)

I don't see the ability to include anything I want.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(3,832 Views)

Make sure the CsvFiles folder is in your project.  Then in the build spec for the installer, go to Source Files.  You can dump your folder into whichever directory you want.

Edit: I think your folder has to be autopopulating in order to just add the folder.  Otherwise you will need to add a folder in the Destinations section and add your individual files to that folder.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 21
(3,823 Views)

Add the folder to the project (e.g. add...folder(snapshot))

In the installer builder, go to "destinations. and highlight the installer root folder, then create a folder using the button on the lower left. Name it.

Now go to "source files", highlight the just create folder on the right, select the contents of your new virtual folder (probably you need to expand the "my computer herarchy), and move them over using the blue arrow button.

Message 5 of 21
(3,821 Views)

I was under the mistaken belief that I can just add any folder from the hard drive, but it has to be a folder in the project even if it doesn't contain VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(3,812 Views)

Edit:

Created Installer from scratch and error went away.

It seems that it is not possible to have the installer create empty directories.

I added two destination folders but neither of them were created.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(3,803 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nyc_(is_out_of_here)
Yes, there needs to be at least one file. It can even be a text file.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 8 of 21
(3,790 Views)

Take a look at this sample project (LV2013). The build target folder is c:\tmp\csv_test, but it creates all additional sub-folders.

For some reason I cannot attach a zip file to the post, so just create 'files' folder as sub-folder of the project and add some files there. You can have also sub-folders in 'files'

In the destination settings you need to check the 'Preserve disk hierarchy'  option.

In Always Included you need to add only the root folder of your CSV files

Download All
Message 9 of 21
(3,787 Views)

Adding zip. Maybe it will work with a different browser

Edit:

Yes, adding a zip file with IE works, but not with Firefox 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(3,784 Views)