LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import excel and plot xy graph

Hii NI Forum Members,

I would like to plot the XY graph  (2 vertical axes with pressure and temp and 1 horizontal axis time),in parallel the values are generated in excel sheet with 3 columns and with multiple rows.

Hence,How can i import the excel sheet columns and rows and plot the generated excel sheet values in XY graph of LabVIEW

Waiting for your vauable reply,

Raj

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,541 Views)

Hello,

First save Excel data as a .txt (Tab Delimited), then import with Read From Spreadsheet.vi

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/glang/read_from_spreadsheet_file/

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,484 Views)

Why don't you use the Report Generation toolkit? It has plenty of Excel-related vis. You can import data from any of the worksheets and after garbaging the non-number data you can convert it to numbers as well (or if you do not have any string-cells, only numbers you can import it as a 2d numeric array by changing the array constant). If you do not wire any input to the report generation, it does not overwrite your data. (The excel sheet goes to template.)

I just tried it with an xlsx file and worked fine.

After importing the data you can manipulate it the way you want it, for example plotting it.

excel_open.png

(3,471 Views)