From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i2c implementation using NI-6008

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody

I have a NI-6008 Low cost multifunction DAQ.

Can i use this with voltage level shifter to implement I2C protocol...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,018 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Newbee_2

You'd need to use the bit-banging approach (i.e., you change the clock and data lines yourself) and it would be software-timed. But yeah, you could do it.

Your next question will be: are there any examples? There are plenty of examples on doing digital I/O that get installed with DAQmx. As for I2C implementation, the spec is available. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%C2%B2C

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,011 Views)

Sorry but after much testing and different bit-banging approch we came to conclusion that NI-6008 is much slower device to handle I2C so we are switching to NI-845x but lots of thanks to everybody for their help....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,952 Views)

Is there any NI modules which contains analog measurements and digital measurements and frequency and also main I2C communication in one module???

Please give a suggesion if any third party modules also including above parameters.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,621 Views)

Hi vam,

please stop creating double/multiple posts for the very same question!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,612 Views)

Have you thought of using an Arduino? I haven't tried it myself yet but it has I2C capabilities built in. There is a large LV community supporting it.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,606 Views)