From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i'm trying to install labview 2016, but appears a popup window that says the following: " NI Software Platform Bundle Spring 2016. An internal Windows function returned an error "

I have the same message. It disappears when I desactivate Mcafee.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,527 Views)

LabVIEW Platform Bundle Spring 2016 is LabVIEW 2015, SP1 -- it is not LabVIEW 2016 (at least, this is true for my kit by that name).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,515 Views)

Hello,

the problem is cd reader in this case. Just get the iso from cd, and mount on windows machine physic or virtual then the installation will go on normally.

do the same with CDs giving the same....

regards

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,140 Views)

Hello,

I also found this error saying: "An internal Windows function returned and error." when trying to install updates via Ni Update Service. See picture:

ErrorLV1.pngThe problem was also discovered when trying to install Labview 2017. The problem with installation was solved by running exe file in "Subdirectory" since exe in "Master" directory was not working, as explained here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/i-am-trying-to-install-...

Sev A Wrote:

"I got it to work by exploring the CD, going into Distribuitions>LabVIEW>LabVIEW860 and running the setup in that folder.  It gave me no error and installed correctly.  Hope this helps."

Since I Ni Update service works at his own, I cannot use the same solution when updating LV f2 Patch and LV Run-Time Engine.

Please help me and my team!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,096 Views)

This has nothing to do with the original Post, which involved LabVIEW 2015 SP1.  Your post seems to involve installing LabVIEW 2017, which a number of us (myself, included) have had problems installing.  Please start another post and explain what you are doing, what your system looks like, if this is the first time you are installing LabVIEW (or if you have earlier versions), etc.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,084 Views)