LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i'm trying to install labview 2016, but appears a popup window that says the following: " NI Software Platform Bundle Spring 2016. An internal Windows function returned an error "

i'm trying to install labview  2016, but  appears a popup window that says the following:  " NI Software Platform Bundle Spring 2016. An internal Windows function returned an  error "

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(5,843 Views)
Try restarting your computer and see if that helps. Also try doing the install on a different computer. You may have a bad DVD.

Mike...

PS: I'm assuming that you have not had problems installing things in the past, and you know your drive is good. I'm also assuming that you are using a PC that can run LabVIEW.

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(5,823 Views)

How far into the installation does that happen?  Are you trying to install everything?  Do you see the same error with a smaller installation selection?

You'll also want to be aware you're installing LabVIEW 2015 SP1, not 2016.  As of now, there is no such thing (except maybe in betas?  I don't know what goes on in that world).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(5,806 Views)

yes, is Labview 2015 sp1

I still do not select any installation

the popup window appear after add the server license,  then i click ok button,  but appear other window and  says you need to contact your administrator of the server licenses   

thanks for the tips

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(5,784 Views)

I have just encountered exactly the same issue, but may have a bit more information to add.

Work PC -- Windows 7 (x64) with LabVIEW 2015 (32-bit) installed from Academic Fall 2015 DVD-on-USB.  Worked fine.  Tried to install LabVIEW 2015 SP1 from Academic Spring 2016 DVD-on-USB -- also worked fine.  No problems (and none expected).

Home PC -- Windows 10 (x64, Enterprise) with LabVIEW 2015 (32-bit) installed from (same) Academic Fall 2015 DVD-on-USB.  Worked Fine.  Tried to install LabVIEW 2015 SP1 from Academic Spring 2016 DVD-on-USB -- get errors (even when doing a minimal Install of just LabVIEW, no Toolkits, Modules, or Drivers).  Second Error Message appears when I click "OK" on the first one.

Spring 2016 Error.pngSpring 2016 Error 2.png

When I first saw this, I restarted my system and tried again -- the above screen shots were captured at that time.

This seems to be "real".  Unfortunately (for me), this is on my home machine, and I don't think we have "weekend support", but I can always log an e-mail request ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(5,738 Views)

I just spoke to an Applications Engineer at NI who is following up this Support Request.  We've reviewed what I've done, I've run a test or two he suggested (and still get the same failure), so he's now trying to construct a Windows 10 VM so he can try himself with the Software Platform Bundle Spring 2016.  Should know more tomorrow.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(5,699 Views)

There is a possibility that I may have been using a mal-formed .ISO file created from the USB Flash Drive containing the Spring 2016 Distribution.  I have a second copy of the Key on a Share at work, and have found that I do not get the immediate Failure at the time of entering the "Do you accept the License Agreement?" screens on either Windows 7 or Windows 10, either running as the "native OS" or as a VM, but do seem to get this if attempting to mount the ISO and install from there.  [Note that I've had no problems installing from ISOs created from installation kits in the past, including LabVIEW 2015 Fall Distribution].

I'm currently building another ISO, and will test it to see (a) if it differs from the earlier one, and (b) if it suffers the same problem.  I have also touched base with NI Support on this issue.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(5,681 Views)

I suspect that the ISO that I was using to install onto my Windows 10 machine (home) may have been faulty.  I have just created a second ISO from the Spring 2016 Distribution and verified that on my Windows 7 machine (work) I do not get this error.  I will try this new ISO on my home Windows 10 machine this evening and will post the results here.  I have informed NI that this may have been a "faulty medium" issue, and they are tentatively marking this as "Resolved".

Expect a follow-up report this evening ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(5,677 Views)

SUCCESS!!  After recreating an ISO image from the Spring 2016 Distribution, I have successfully installed it on my home Windows 10 system.  It's unclear to me how I managed to screw up the original ISO creation -- the file/folder pattern (what you see when you mount the ISO) was the same, running Setup seemed to work, giving the "expected" responses, right up to the point where the License Agreement popped up and was blank.

Sorry I don't have a solution for the Original Poster, other than to say be sure you have the original or a verified copy of the NI Distribution Kit -- the Spring 2016 Kit does, indeed, appear to install "as expected" on Windows 10.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(5,650 Views)

thank you, i'm still trying, but this time  i will try to do an ISO and verify that could work

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(5,636 Views)