LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i locked the session, then my computer shut down without unlock the session or close the sesion. then i open the computer again. how can i unlock the resource?

Hi jeff,

Yes, when Labview exited normallly, all VISA sessions were cleaned up and closed.there is no problem. but i mean not normally closed. (suddenly power outage). What am i going to do when it willl happen? is there any time limit to device automatically unlock it's session (itself)? or is there anything to slolve my problem?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,089 Views)

Hi omer,

as has been said before: this seems strongly related to your device.

Read it's manual or power cycle the device too (use a common power plug with your computer)…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,045 Views)

Hi, omer

How is you to solve this issue finally because I still suffered this problem.

it's so confused.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(856 Views)

also it is better to know this option in your labview and use it 
it is help ful when you do not finished your visa programing and need to run your code in several mode 
werfwf.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(846 Views)

Hi, Hatef.fouladi

thank you very much.

long term automatically close visa session  is good idea.

but short term, how to solve the visa locked issue?

I don't find out the root cause and solution.

do yo have any idea about this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(827 Views)

Did you try resetting the hardware like a few people have told you already?  If the problem survived the closing of LabVIEW (and a computer restart, no less!), it is very likely that the equipment is in an inconsistent state.

Tell us more about what you've tried so far.  We can't really help you unless you are more forthcoming about that.

edit:

There's small chance some files got corrupted or you experienced a hardware failure inside your computer, but let's reset the equipment you are trying to use first...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(799 Views)