LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i locked the session, then my computer shut down without unlock the session or close the sesion. then i open the computer again. how can i unlock the resource?

i locked the session, then my computer shut down without unlock the session or close the sesion. then i open the computer again. how can i unlock the resource?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,641 Views)

What session are you talking about? Please give details about the hardware. Are you facing any problem since you didn't unclock the resource?

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,635 Views)

i control the agilent device. i used VISA lock.   then my computer shut down without unlock the session or close the sesion. then i open the computer again. how can i unlock the resource?

lockvi.JPG

i locked the device like this picture. when i clicking the boolean for close the session(unlock the session), i couldnt do this because of my computer shut down. and then i open my computer again. i tried to connect the device again with VISA. but error returns. error: −1073807345   description : Specified type of lock cannot be obtained, or specified operation cannot be performed, because the resource is locked.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,627 Views)

Close the port at startup the way you are doing at the end. So every time you start the program the port will be closed first and then you can open and use it again.

This should solve the problem unless someone else is using it. Give it a try.......

With Regards

Miraz
Kudos is better option to thank somebody on this forum
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,598 Views)

Hi Miraz

Thank you for your answer. but your answer wont solve my problem. because of like you said "This should solve the problem unless someone else is using it." if i close it at start up, i cant have a VISA lock. so, someone else can connect my agilent device.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,581 Views)

If you try this, what error you are facing?

Close Port.png

With Regards

Miraz
Kudos is better option to thank somebody on this forum
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,570 Views)

@omer32 wrote:

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,545 Views)

If your computer shut down LabVIEW exited and all VISA sessions were cleaned up and closed.  Closing a VISA session releases all locks.

The problem must be in the device at the other end.  Power cycle the Agilient device. or stick it in "Diet Mode"  (Just press the Lo-Cal button)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,535 Views)

Hi All,

Miraz, when i tried your said, i face tihis error; -1073807345 (Specified type of lock cannot be obtained, or specified operation cannot be performed, because the resource is locked.)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,416 Views)