LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have a DAQ-9172, getting errors 200609 and 50103, other forums are not helping

Thanks alot, that works now.  i'm still getting the buffer error on the DAQ assistant output, i've tried what i've read on other posts, but i'm apparently not understanding because it keeps giving me the error.  i've attached the VI, not sure how to attach the DAQmx to the assistant.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(808 Views)
Try changing the generation mode to one of the '1 Sample' modes.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(806 Views)
Doing a test run it does what i want it to do using the 1 sample.  Is there a chance you would know how to record so that it records to one file and not to a new one every record.  I'm using the "write to measurement file", i have the "save to one file" chosen in the properties, but doesn't do what i need it to do.  basically if it could be recorded and transfered to excell like LV signal express.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(799 Views)

I figured out how to save to a single file....the only issue is that the time column stays 0 all the way through.  I appreciate all the help.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(791 Views)

Well, you've thrown away all of the timing information by converting to scalars for one write and in the other write to measurement files, you have Empty time column selected.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 04-02-2009 10:34 AM
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(785 Views)

Ive changed them all to "one column only" for the "X value columns", it only records 0 in the X column.  I'm not sure where you are talking about converting to scalars.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(776 Views)

Aargh! I just wrote a long explanation and then lost the post.

Anyway, I looked at what you are dpoing inside the DAQ Assistant for the first time and your problem is that you are doing a single point acquisition with each iteration. If you had multiple samples with each iteration, row 1 would be time = 0, row 2 would be that plus the sample rate (i.e. .5), row 3 would be row 2 time plus the sample rate (i.e. 1.0) etc. Each iteration creates a new segment and probably has some timing information in the header.

If you want to write a timestamp to each row and keep your single point acquistion, you will have to give up on the express VI and use the lower level file I/O functions. There are a lot os shipping examples to help get you started.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 04-02-2009 12:19 PM
Message 17 of 18
(765 Views)

I have it all working now....thanks alot for all the help.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(729 Views)