From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have a DAQ-9172, getting errors 200609 and 50103, other forums are not helping

Ive looked at other forums and can't find anything that helps/i can understand.  The first error (200609) is a buffer error, says selected buffer size is 1, but minimum required is 2.  I'm not sure how to change it.  This error is coming from a DAQ Assistant Express VI, that i'm using as an output to a NI 9264.

The second error (50103) states that the resourse is reserved so the operation could not be completed as specified. This is coming from a DAQ Assistant Express VI which is aquiring from a NI 9211.

I'm also using a "write to measurement" and it records every entry in a different file, i would like to open the recording in one file, I have the save to one file checked.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(2,812 Views)
Post your VI so we can visualize the issue.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(2,797 Views)

The hardware that i'm using is a NI cDAQ-9172, which has three NI 9211 in the first three slots, a NI 9205 in the fourth slot, a NI 9264 in the sixth slot.  Let me know if there are any questions or items that need to be clarified.  I appreciate the help. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(2,785 Views)

The resource reserved error is common with new users and you should have been able to find countless posts on the subject. The solution is to use a single DAQ Assistant with all of your channels.

Select 'Append to File' if you want to append one result to the previous.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(2,778 Views)

I did find posts metioning to use one Daq assistant...I was unaware of how to seperate the data i just want to record and the data that needs to record and give a command.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(2,772 Views)

Separating data should have been the subject of your post.

All you need is the Split Signal function.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(2,769 Views)

I've changed my VI a little to include the split signal function....I added the select signal function and on one branch I need to record pressures which are not included on the list to choose.  Other than that I'm just getting the buffer error (200609) which i also do not know how to correct.  I've attached the revised VI.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(2,754 Views)

Your use of the split signal and select signal functions does not make any sense to me. The split signal function gets the second and third channels in the acquisition task and then you try to use the select signal function to get other channels. I just don't think they exist in the data you are passing to the select signal function. You've thrown them away by not expanding the split signal function. Get rid of the split signal and just use the select signal and see if that makes a difference.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(2,747 Views)

I removed the split signal and am just using the select signal, the select signal only shows the thermocouples from the NI 9211 to choose from, where on the DAQ assistant i also have two channels on a NI 9205 chosen which doent show up on the select signal.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(2,734 Views)
Try running the VI once and then immediately try to configure the Select Signal function. There's no way for the Select Signal function to know how many channels are in the dynamic data. Of course you do and as I said, you could have used a Split Signal function instead.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(2,729 Views)