From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am not able to get the correct analog input value from scb 68?

i am using scb 68 and ni pxi 6133 data card .

the problem is that i am not able to get the correct value form the pin AI0 of scb 68 . though when i m measuring it with multimeter it is showing the correct value on AI0

Is there any problem with daq assist configuration??? If not What is the sol?

plz help?

here is my code

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,397 Views)

First of all you should check the mentioned channel just by using the MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer).

It should show you the signal. If it works there, the problem is in your VI.

I cannot really say anything about your Express VIs, since I never use them. Also, you have really strange array manipulation, with many unnecessery functions...

I would recommend you to learn how to do PROPER DAQmx programming, there are lots of examples in LabView, via Help --> Find examples --> Hardware --> DAQmx...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,375 Views)

My guess: wrong terminal configuration vs. wiring. What terminal configuration did you use? RSE/NRSE or Differential? Are you sure that you are using the correct connectors for this setting at AI0?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,370 Views)
I cant remember exactly, but in the past I found an ni cable which was not fully populated. It was documented bit caused me a similar issue.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,350 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

Also, you have really strange array manipulation, with many unnecessery functions...

I fully agree with that assesment! I won't comment on the DAQ parts, but I stronly suggest that you post your array manipulations elsewhere so we can figure out what you actually want to do and suggest sane alternatives. The current code is pure Rube Goldberg!

Also note that your current DAQ read and write operations occur in parallel and there is no way to tell what occurs first. Typically the order matters in this kind of scenario. Does it?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,336 Views)

The DAQ assistant isn't a problem

The array stuff has been hashed around already

Now let's look at the to-from DDT blocksSmiley Surprised Actually no surprise!  they are mis configured and I doubt you even need a loop! just some error wires to enforce data flow

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,320 Views)

Again the evil Express DAQ and the dynamic data in action! 🙂 If you use DAQmx VIs, you could get array of doubles...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,312 Views)