LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i Can not read data from an Epos2

bonjour,

Je suis en stage et je suis debutante en labview, je voudrais communiquer avec un EPOS2 50/5 Via un module USB_CAN 8473 j'ai lancé l'exemple "CANOpen Read-Write-Read Demo" (vous trouvez le Vi ci joint) mais ca bloque dans ReadSDO+ et il rentre dans une boucle infinie(voir capture ecran) , là il y a deux jours que je suis bloqué et j'arrive pas a comprendre pourquoi, svp quelq'un peut m'aider ?? 

Merci d'avance!!

hello,

I am in training and I'm debutante in labview, I would receive Data from a EPOS2 50/5 Via USB_CAN Module 8473, I launched the example "CANOpen Read-Write-Read Demo" (you will find the Vi joint) but it blocks in ReadSDO + and it enters an infinity loop (see screen capture), then there are two days that I'm stuck and I can not understand why, please can someone help me ??
Thank you  !! ..... 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,517 Views)

You should probably attach the subVI instead. (I don't have your toolkit)

(Please use a more informative subject line next time. Almost every post needs help one way or another. Also one exclamation mark is typically sufficient).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,494 Views)

thank you for your answer, it's done I changed the title,
indeed, I have attached the Vi which I use (you mean the library?)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,468 Views)

Bonjour.

I notice that the comment says "*NEW* Read SDO", and the missing VI is named "USB_CANopenReadSDO+.vi" -- I'm guessing the "+" is the "New" flag.

Can you attach both USB_CANopenReadSDO+ and USB_CANopenReadSDO for us to study?  Have you tried the "original" VI?  What were you trying to do with the "+" version?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,387 Views)

thank you for your answer

I just try to simulate the VI , i found it there https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4439, but it didn't work 😞 

you found attached the librairy where :   USB_CANopenReadSDO+ and USB_CANopenReadSDO

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,378 Views)

After looking at the USB_CAN library, I realize that this is well beyond my ability.  If noone else can help you here, you might try asking on the more-specialized Automotive and Embedded Systems Forum, found here.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,339 Views)

Is there anything special about this particular example?

This is a fairly common device, and you can find helpful information on getting started at the links below:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F2F553B7B2E3FC10862572AC0023FCA0

https://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/14857

Additionally, there is an example project in LabVIEW under Help>>Find Examples and search for CAN Open. It's specifically for the EPOS2.

Tanner B.
Systems R&D Engineer - Aerospace, Defense, and Government
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,207 Views)

I did not need to only command the motor , I need to read data of the motor for a long duration and store them into a document, I have tried to do this with epos library I was able to control the motor but I did not get all data (watch it attached a screen capture that I made) that's why i try too read data with the canopen library .. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,181 Views)

Did you look at the LabVIEW example that uses CANopen? If that works, then you'll at least have a strong starting point for your application.

Tanner B.
Systems R&D Engineer - Aerospace, Defense, and Government
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,150 Views)